Around this time of year, a team is formed to tidy up the village highways and byways. After the summer has passed, and the vegetation at the side of the roads starts to recede, one becomes aware of the litter that has accumulated over the past few months. So now is a good time to act, and remove the litter.
One of our parish councillors is organising a “litter pick” for Saturday 7th October, between 10am and midday. Please spare a couple of hours collecting the way-side litter. Most equipment is provided, but you will need to wear boots and provide your own gloves.
Meet on the village recreation ground at the portacabin at 10:00am. Here you will meet Neil, and the rest of the team. Neil will show us what to do and which section of the village to cover.
Please join us and we will have the village looking tidy in no time.
I am sorry to say, but the Tunstead Village Hall Bingo event has been cancelled. The next bingo session is Thursday 12th October, at 7:30pm, in the village portacabin.
This year the Harvest Celebration at St. Mary’s, Tunstead will take place as part of the Evensong service on 1st October. The service will start at 6:30pm, and will be followed by an optional social gathering at which there will be a Cheese and Wine supper at £4 per head.
Please come along and celebrate the Harvest Season with the church community. All welcome.
A reminder that the Parish council of the Tunstead and Sco Ruston villages will meet this evening (19th September) at 7:30, in the modular building known as Tunstead Village Hall in Market Street. Residents of the villages are very welcome to attend.
Tunstead and Sco Ruston Parish Council
- ½ hour Public Participation to include Police, County and District Councillor reports.
- Apologies for absence.
- To receive declarations of interest in items on the Agenda and any requests for a dispensation.
- To conconsider the minutes of the meeting of the previous meeting.
- To report matters arising from these minutes.
- To consider received correspondence.
- To review Clerk’s financial report and agree payments
- To discuss Highway matters
- To discuss Planning matters, including planning applications which have been commented on since the last meeting.
- To discuss Environmental Matters.
- Report from the Playing Field committee.
- To report any other business (note that this is to report matters for inclusion in a future agenda or matters which require no decision to be made by the Parish Council).
All residents are very welcome to attend
The next Parish Council meeting will be on Tuesday 21st November in Tunstead Village Hall at 7.30pm.