Posted on behalf of our neighbours.
ASHMANHAUGH PARISH COUNCIL
Parish Clerk & Responsible Finance Officer – 4 hours per week
We are looking for a suitably experienced person to support our team of seven Parish Councillors. This is a varied and interesting role with a flexible working regime. The post will be based at home with bi-monthly meetings in Ashmanhaugh, which are held every first Tuesday of January, March, May, July, September, November plus an Annual Parish meeting.
Key duties include:
- Organising, attending and reporting to meetings
- Preparing agendas and writing minutes
- Dealing with Parish Council business including Planning applications
- Updating the Parish Council website – WordPress
- Liaising with local organisations and external bodies
- Managing the Parish Council’s finances / financial record keeping, including annual audit reporting
- Liaising on the Parish magazine
- Overseeing the SAM2 device
Good organisational and communications skills are important, together with a working knowledge of IT. Files are kept mainly electronically and held on Google Drive and email via Gmail. A laptop and filing cabinet are provided. Applicants should be self-motivated, able to work independently and to plan and manage their own workload.
Previous relevant experience would be an advantage but is not essential. Support will be provided and the appointee will be encouraged to take advantage of training to improve their knowledge and skills. NJC Pay Scales will apply depending on experience and qualifications between LC1 SCP 7 – 10 (£10.16 – £10.79).
In the first instance please contact the current Clerk Clare Male on 07803 705434 or [email protected] or Harry Buxton (Chair) [email protected] for further details or to arrange for an informal chat.
Closing date for applications 8th July 2019. Handover from the current Clerk from the 22nd July.