Tunstead now has a clothing bank situated at the recreation ground. If you have old items of clothing etc that you no longer want, please deposit them at the clothing bank. This helps the environment and also gives the Parish Council a small income. The more income the Parish Council receive from this, the lower the amount of council tax that you pay.
Tunstead Parish Council currently has 4 vacancies for Councillors.
To stand for election/co-option on a parish council, you must:
• be a UK or Commonwealth citizen
• or be a citizen of another Member state of the European Union
• and be at least 18 years old
and to be eligible to stand for an election for a particular parish, you must meet one of the 4 criteria:
1. You are, and will continue to be, registered as a local government elector for the parish/community in which you wish to stand from the day of your nomination onwards.
2. You have occupied as owner or tenant any land or other premises in the parish/community area during the whole of the 12 months before the day of your nomination and the day of election/co-option.
3. Your main or only place of work during the 12 months prior to the day of your nomination and the day of election has been in the parish/community area.
4. You have lived in the parish/community area or within three miles of it during the whole of the 12 months before the day of your nomination and the day of election.
If you do become a parish councillor you will have to sign up to the Parish Council’s Code of Conduct.
You must also not be disqualified from standing, including but not limited to, the following disqualification reasons:
• You are employed by the parish/community council or hold a paid office under the parish/community council (including joint boards or committees).
• You are the subject of a bankruptcy restrictions order or interim order.
• You have been sentenced to a term of imprisonment of three months or more (including a suspended sentence), without the option of a fine, during the five years before polling day.
Please be aware that you will be required to disclose Interests and that this will be published by North Norfolk District Council and open to public scrutiny.
The best way to find out what it’s like being a Councillor is to talk to an existing one! But don’t take our word for it, have a look at the Electoral Commission’s Guide below.
The following forms will need completion:
Electoral Commission Guide
REGISTER OF MEMBERS INTERESTS
DECLARATION OF ACCEPTANCE OF OFFICE
As discussed at tonight’s meeting, this is the digital copy of the drains and watercourses that was produced by our last Flood Committee.
It is intended to restart a Flood Committee to pursue a resolution between Norfolk County Council, Flood Team and Anglian Water. If you would like to register your interest, please contact Chris on 07909 835514.
parish drainage plan