Our parish church, a wonderful, historic building is trying to raise money for the restoration fund. They are currently having a book sale.
Over 200 pre-loved books, from 50p or 5 for a pound. All in good condition. Not a dog-eared one amongst them. Church open 9 – 5. Pop in any time.
Did you enjoy the carol singing at the Horse and Groom last night (11th December) ?
Continue the Christmas celebrations and sing more carols on Saturday 21st December at 6:30 pm at St Mary’s Church, Tunstead.
The service will be conducted by the Revs, Liz Jump and Tracy Jessop, who were there at the Horse and Groom last night.
After the carol service, there will be seasonal refreshments including wine.
The collection will be in aid of the Children’s Hospice, Quidenham and the Children’s Society.
The Tunstead Village Hall Committee, in conjunction with the Tunstead Parish Council have applied for planning permission for a permanent village hall on the recreation ground off Market Street, Tunstead. The decision by the planning committee of the North Norfolk District Council is expected by the expiry date of 29th January 2020.
If you wish to contribute to the successful planning application, you can do so by adding a comment, by 27th December 2019, on the North Norfolk District Council Planning page:
The rules of the planning application have to have comments restricted to material observations. However, these could be something like:
• We need a new building, the Portakabin® is beyond economic repair
• It will be great to have an inside loo
• At last an accessible loo
• A permanent building will give the village a hall that meets modern standards
• The hall will provide accessible entrances, unlike the current Portakabin®
• The hall would look great nestling between the trees in the park
• It will be somewhere comfortable to sit and supervise the children when they are using the play equipment
• A warm and comfortable building will encourage a community spirit, by having more get-togethers
• Solar panels will help reduce the running costs of the hall and help with the ecological demands of modern society
• A fully-fitted kitchen will be a great asset, and enable the village to have a lunch-club
• More room for our social activities, like bingo. It can be a bit of a squeeze, sometimes
• Being near the school will mean that teachers and children could use the facilities
We will keep you updated on the progress of the development of the village hall, so please visit The Tunstead Parish Council web site on:
NB: Portakabin® is a European and UK registered trade mark of Portakabin Limited. As such, the Portakabin® trade mark is used to refer to portable buildings that are known to have been manufactured by Portakabin Limited, such as the building currently in use.
Today, one the Tunstead Parish Councillors organised the annual community litter pick.
Tunstead Litter Pickers
4 members of the parish council accompanied by volunteers from the village collected eight FULL bags of litter from the roads around Tunstead. Refreshments were available in the modular building, both before and after the 2 hour event. Donations of cakes and biscuit from the people of the village was gratefully received; especially the Honey Cake, produced by our Honey Cake Specialist Inese. A BIG thank you to all who came.